- 1 Where is the water intake on a Johnson outboard?
- 2 Where does water exit an outboard motor?
- 3 Why is there no water coming out of my outboard motor?
- 4 How much does a 15 hp Johnson weight?
- 5 How much water should be coming out of outboard?
- 6 How do I know if my boat water pump is bad?
- 7 Do all outboards have a pee hole?
- 8 Can you run an outboard motor out of water?
- 9 How long can you run a boat on muffs?
- 10 How do I know if my outboard thermostat is bad?
- 11 Should water coming out of outboard be hot?
- 12 How long do outboard water pumps last?
- 13 What is the lightest 15 hp outboard?
- 14 What is the lightest 90 hp outboard?
- 15 What is the lightest 50 hp outboard motor?
Where is the water intake on a Johnson outboard?
The main water intake is behind the prop!
Where does water exit an outboard motor?
The cooling system on an outboard is a very simple and compact application. Water is inducted through the lower unit by a water pump impeller, and then forced upward to circulate throughout the powerhead, and eventually exits through the exhaust system.
Why is there no water coming out of my outboard motor?
The water pump impeller is the cause of most water circulation and overheating problems. The impeller is essentially a small, round disc with spinning blades used to move water through the circuit of the outboard motor. When the impeller is broken, it stops the supply of water to the engine and results in overheating.
How much does a 15 hp Johnson weight?
15 hp – 122 lbs.
How much water should be coming out of outboard?
Re: how much water The thermostat will not open till the motor reaches around 140+degs. and water should come out the pee hole then as the stats open up. There should be an exhust/water port on the midsection back side that should have water spiting out of them at idle and till the stats open up.
How do I know if my boat water pump is bad?
How to Tell if a Water Pump Is Bad
- The outboard motor is overheating.
- The impeller is living on borrowed time.
- There is a reduced stream of water from the cooling water outlet.
Do all outboards have a pee hole?
Outboard Motor Isn’t Peeing. Most outboard motors are equipped with a cooling system using outside water. Outside water is circulated through cooling passages before leaving through the motor’s “pee hole”. You’ve seen it!
Can you run an outboard motor out of water?
An outboard motor should never be operated without a source of water entering the inlet screens to supply the water pump. Without a source of water for lubrication, the water pump will be the first to be damaged, followed shortly thereafter by the engine from a lack of cooling.
How long can you run a boat on muffs?
Bag and Muffs: Engine should be vertical, run no more than 800-900 rpm in neutral for 15 minutes with the prop removed. Be sure the engine is receiving cooling water (by checking the overboard indicator).
How do I know if my outboard thermostat is bad?
Symptoms of a failed thermostat (open position)
- Engine slow to warm up.
- Engine not reaching its correct operating temperature.
- Poor cold weather performance.
- Water flowing from the exhaust pipe at idle.
Should water coming out of outboard be hot?
It should be warm but not super hot. The water coming from the engine should be warm also. When it’s warm you know the water is pulling heat out of the engine to keep it cool like it should.
How long do outboard water pumps last?
The impeller should run around $30/40 and take about 25 minutes or so. When you look at the shelf life of the typical impeller, it is typically listed as 10-15 years. i.e. how long the impeller will last if it has been manufactured and sits out its life on the shelf. So, the life in your motor will be less than that.
What is the lightest 15 hp outboard?
Suzuki 15 HP DF15AES2 15″ (Short) Outboard Motor As the lightest outboard in its class and one of the quietest 4-strokes ever built, the 15HP is a great example of Suzuki’s excellence in engineering.
What is the lightest 90 hp outboard?
At 155kg, the Suzuki DF90 is the lightest 90hp 4-stroke engine currently on the market.
What is the lightest 50 hp outboard motor?
The lightest weight motor possible. Tohatsu’s all new 50hp four stroke has what you need at just 209 pounds, the lightest weight motor in its class.