What is the purpose of quarter marks?
Quarter marks are a type of decoration on a horse, usually found on the hind quarters and generally for competitions such as showing or the dressage leg of eventing. What’s the purpose of them? Apart form being decorative, quarter markers are supposed to enhance your horse’s hindquarter.
How do you use a quarter mark stencil?
Stencil It In If using a stencil, you need to line the top up with the dorsal line of the horses back. Using a short-haired stiff brush, stroke the brush downward over the entire stencil. Be careful when removing the stencil that you don’t drag it across the pattern. Ensure you lift it clear off the horse’s quarters.
How do you tell if your horse is a quarter horse?
The quarter horse is generally a stocky, muscular animal. He is usually a medium-sized horse with good bone. The head is relatively short, with large eyes and a medium-length neck.
How do people mark horses?
- Blaze: a wide white stripe down the middle of the face.
- Strip, stripe, or race: a narrow white stripe down the middle of the face.
- Bald face: a very wide blaze, extending to or past the eyes.
- Star: a white marking between or above the eyes.
- Snip: a white marking on the muzzle, between the nostrils.
How do you quarter a horse?
To Quarter Your Horse
- Tie your horse up safely.
- Pick out feet.
- If wearing a rug undo the breast buckles and surcingles, remembering to tie up the surcingles.
- Turn the front of the rug back over the quarters and quickly brush off, removing any stable stains.
Do you do quarter marks for dressage?
The perfect finishing touch to your horse’s turnout, quarter marks will help you catch the judge’s eye for all the right reasons. Although they’re usually seen in the show ring, quarter marks are popular in dressage and eventing, too, and range from simple, straightforward lines to detailed designs.
What is quarter marking spray?
Supreme Products Quarter Mark Spray. The Supreme Products Quarter Mark Spray is the perfect spray for holding quarter marking in place and ensuring the stand out to give that professional finish in the show ring. Combine with Deluxe Coat Gloss to prime and ensure the coat looks glossy and professional.