- 1 How much HP does a 360 engine have?
- 2 How can I get more horsepower out of my Dodge 360?
- 3 How much HP can a 5.9 Magnum handle?
- 4 What engine is better 318 or 360?
- 5 Is the Dodge 5.9 a good engine?
- 6 Is a Ford 360 a good motor?
- 7 What cars have a lot of horsepower?
- 8 Is a Ford 360 A FE engine?
- 9 Is a 318 and 360 the same block?
- 10 How long will a 5.9 Magnum last?
- 11 What engine is a 360?
- 12 How can you tell a 5.9 Magnum?
- 13 Is the 5.9 Magnum a Hemi?
How much HP does a 360 engine have?
After-market support for the 360 is great, and with the right parts, it can easily make 450 horsepower and still have great street manners. If you need more inches, it’s easy to drop in a stroker crank and get 406 cubic inches.
How can I get more horsepower out of my Dodge 360?
The power output of the 360 Magnum engine can be increased with performance aftermarket modifications.
- Install a performance aftermarket cold-air intake system.
- Upgrade to performance aftermarket headers.
- Install a performance aftermarket exhaust system.
How much HP can a 5.9 Magnum handle?
The Engine Magnum 5.9 engines commonly carried a rating of 245 horsepower, with the tiny factory hydraulic roller camshafts delivering a hair over. 400-inch lift.
What engine is better 318 or 360?
the 318 engine has been known to be very reliable and I haven’t had any problems with mine and the 360 has a little more power and may get a little worse gas mileage but will move the truck a little better, but both a great for towing.
Is the Dodge 5.9 a good engine?
Dodge 5.9 Magnum Reliability Overall the 5.9 Magnum can be a reliable engine with proper maintenance and care. Reliability reviews tend to be mixed, with a lot of people reporting no issues at all.
Is a Ford 360 a good motor?
The 360 was a very good engine, no different than the 390. A bit les horsepower, however. The biggest issue witht he 360 was that it offered roughly the same power as the 302 at the time, with much worse efficiency.
What cars have a lot of horsepower?
Top 10 High Horsepower Sports Cars
- #10 – 2019 Nissan GT-R.
- #9 – 2019 Lamborghini Huracan.
- #8 – 2019 Aston Martin DB11.
- #7 – 2019 Cadillac CTS-V.
- #6 – 2019 Chevrolet Camaro.
- #5 – 2019 Porsche 911.
- #4 – 2019 McLaren 720S.
Is a Ford 360 A FE engine?
The Ford 360 Truck engine was introduced in 1968 as the latest FE, or Ford-Edsel, V8 engine to power Ford trucks.
Is a 318 and 360 the same block?
Nope, not the same. Bore size 318 is 3.91. Bore size 360 is 4.00. Crank is different as well.
How long will a 5.9 Magnum last?
If maintained, it seems that 200,000 to 300,000 seems about right. It all depends on how well it has been taken care of. And there were two main issues with the magnum motors. The aluminum on steel belly pan caused the gasket to blow out.
What engine is a 360?
The Ford 360 engine is a V8 engine created between 1968 and 1971 with two barrels had 215 horsepower at 4,400 RPM and a max torque of 327 at 2,400 RPM.
How can you tell a 5.9 Magnum?
All Magnum engines are stamped either 360 or 318 on the driver’s side near the rear of the block. The casting number found on all 360 Magnum blocks is 5302006, whereas the 5.2/318 Magnums are 53006714 or 53006657. Otherwise, the 5.2 and 5.9 appear pretty much identical.”
Is the 5.9 Magnum a Hemi?
The 5.9 is the old school engine family of the 318/340/and obviously the 360. The preferred engine would be the Hemi. It will use less gas as the 5.9 is a gas hog in the 2003 Ram. The Hemi isn’t.that is, it isn’t a Hemi like the old 426s.