- 1 How much horsepower does a 429 Cobra Jet have?
- 2 How much horsepower does a 429 boss have?
- 3 How much horsepower does a 429 Ford engine have?
- 4 How do you tell if a 429 is a Cobra Jet?
- 5 What year 351W is best?
- 6 What’s the difference between a Ford 428 and 429?
- 7 What is the rarest Boss 429?
- 8 How fast is a Boss 429?
- 9 How much is a Boss 429 engine worth?
- 10 Is 429 a good motor?
- 11 Whats better 429 or 460?
- 12 Are 429 and 460 blocks the same?
- 13 How much is a 429 Cobra Jet motor worth?
- 14 How can I tell if my Cobra Jet is a 428?
- 15 What Ford cars came with a 429?
How much horsepower does a 429 Cobra Jet have?
The ’71 429 Cobra Jet hit the option sheet with an aggressive flat-tappet hydraulic cam, stamped bolt/fulcrum rockers, 715-cfm Rochester Quadrajet carburetion, dual-plane “spread-bore” iron manifold, four-bolt main block, and large-port cylinder heads to make a factory rated 370 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque.
How much horsepower does a 429 boss have?
The Boss 429 engine was a monstrous big-block, forcing changes to the front shock towers and bracing. Rated at a conservative 375 hp and 450-lb. ft. of torque, its installation in the Mustang created the ultimate super pony, albeit in low numbers.
How much horsepower does a 429 Ford engine have?
The power of this engine made it very popular for performance enthusiasts. The 429 Cobra Jet was advertised as having 370 horsepower at 5400 RPM and 450 lbs-ft of torque at 3400 RPM.
How do you tell if a 429 is a Cobra Jet?
How to Identify a 429 Ford Block
- Count the number of bolts on the valve cover. According to Fordification, it should have seven bolts.
- Locate the engine ID tag. According to Car Craft Magazine, you should see it attached to the intake manifold or the ignition coil on the front of the engine if it remains present.
What year 351W is best?
Best years From what I have read, the best year for 351W blocks are 1969, 70, and 71. For some reason these were the strongest 351W ever produced, but very hard to find.
What’s the difference between a Ford 428 and 429?
The 428 is a 1969 block no heads. The 429 is a 70 complete out of a Lincoln or some other 4 door.
What is the rarest Boss 429?
The Ford Mustang Boss 429 is one of the most sought-after classic cars on the planet. Just 1,359 units were built during its two-year run between 1969 and 1970, and only 499 of those were produced in 1970.
How fast is a Boss 429?
With such a low RPM limit the 429 Boss was able to hit 30 mph in 3.2 seconds, 60 mph in 7.1 seconds, and 100 mph in 13.6 seconds. The quarter mile on a stock setup came in 14.09 seconds with a speed around 102 mph.
How much is a Boss 429 engine worth?
$30,000 to $50,000 if complete.
Is 429 a good motor?
The 429 is, IMHO, the best, least compromised Ford engine ever. In terms of latent potential, its also the best. It never caught on becasue of CAFE. Ratcheting 22 to 27.5 mpg fleet averages were why Foxes ended up with 255 4.2 liter engines from 1980 to 1982.
Whats better 429 or 460?
The 429, with less displacement volume, had a shorter stroke length of 3.59, meaning it produced less power per camshaft rotation than the 460, which had a stroke length of 3.85, as mentioned above. The longer stroke produces more power and also allows for more and better high-performance modifications.
Are 429 and 460 blocks the same?
What’s more, the 429 and 460 are completely interchangeable engines with their 4.36- inch bores. The only difference is stroke. The quickest path to displacement is the stock 460 crank. Drop a 460 crank into the 429 block and you have a 460.
How much is a 429 Cobra Jet motor worth?
If it’s a Super Cobra Jet (4 bolt mains, etc), it’s easily worth significantly more than $10K. A regular CJ 429 is tough to tell.
How can I tell if my Cobra Jet is a 428?
Look at the cylinder’s bolt pattern. The 428 Cobra Jet engine has a unique, 16-bolt pattern exhaust face. It will also have a chamber of 73 to 76 cc that was rough cast, making it less accurate than if it had been machined.
What Ford cars came with a 429?
- Ford Thunderbird (1968-1973)
- Ford Mustang (1969-1971) Ford Mustang Boss 429 (1969-1970)
- Ford/Mercury full-size (1969-1973)
- Ford/Mercury intermediate (1969-1973)
- Mercury Cougar (1971)
- Ford medium-duty F-Series (1977-1991) Ford F600/F700/F800.
- Ford C-Series (1979-1990)
- Ford L-Series “Louisville Line” (1977-c.1991)