- 1 Why does my urine smell like stale pee?
- 2 What does diabetic urine smell like?
- 3 Why does my pee smell like a dead animal?
- 4 How do you get rid of ammonia smell in your urine?
- 5 Should I see a doctor if my urine smells?
- 6 Why do I smell like ammonia down there?
- 7 What color is urine when your kidneys are failing?
- 8 How do I stop my pants from smelling like urine?
- 9 What Colour is urine if you have diabetes?
- 10 Why does my urine smell foul but no infection?
- 11 Why does my teeth smell like poop?
- 12 What illness makes you smell bad?
- 13 What does smelly urine mean female?
- 14 What does a UTI smell like?
- 15 How do I get rid of smelly urine?
Why does my urine smell like stale pee?
Urine may smell like ammonia when it becomes concentrated with waste products. A variety of conditions can cause waste products to build up in urine, such as bladder stones, dehydration, and urinary tract infections.
What does diabetic urine smell like?
If you have diabetes, you may notice your pee smells sweet or fruity. This is because the body is trying to get rid of the excess blood sugar and is disposing of glucose through your urine. For people who haven’t been diagnosed with diabetes, this symptom can be one of the first signs they have the disease.
Why does my pee smell like a dead animal?
Trimethylaminuria is a disorder in which the body is unable to break down trimethylamine, a chemical compound that has a pungent odor. Trimethylamine has been described as smelling like rotting fish, rotting eggs, garbage, or urine.
How do you get rid of ammonia smell in your urine?
Treating ammonia-smelling urine
- Stay hydrated. Share on Pinterest Drinking water is a simple way to stay hydrated.
- Cut down on diet triggers. Anyone who consumes a lot of triggering foods can stop ammonia-smelling urine by cutting those foods out of their diet.
- Pass urine often.
- Stay clean.
Should I see a doctor if my urine smells?
Urine often has a slight ammonia smell, especially first thing in the morning or when a person is dehydrated. Smelly urine can also be a sign of an infection, however, so if the smell does not go away on its own, or if additional symptoms develop, see a doctor.
Why do I smell like ammonia down there?
If you notice the smell of ammonia around your vagina, it could be due to extra sweat, urine, or an infection. If the smell doesn’t go away with regular rinsing and drinking more water, contact your doctor. You may need a prescription to help treat an underlying infection.
What color is urine when your kidneys are failing?
Light-brown Urine. Light-brown or tea-colored urine can be a sign of kidney disease or failure or muscle breakdown.
How do I stop my pants from smelling like urine?
Things you can try at home:
- Wear underwear made of natural materials, such as cotton or moisture-wicking fabrics.
- Wear loose-fitting boxers.
- Shower twice daily.
- Apply cornstarch to help control moisture and odor.
- Avoid spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol.
What Colour is urine if you have diabetes?
Diabetes can cause cloudy urine when too much sugar builds up in your urine. Your urine may also smell sweet or fruity. Diabetes can also lead to kidney complications or increase risk of infections of the urinary tract, both of which can also make your urine appear cloudy.
Why does my urine smell foul but no infection?
Foul-Smelling Urine: Dehydration Kaaki says the number one reason for bad-smelling urine is dehydration. “You always have a certain amount of ammonia in your urine. When you have more water, the ammonia is diluted, and it smells less intense.
Why does my teeth smell like poop?
Poor oral hygiene can cause your breath to smell like poop. Failing to brush and floss your teeth properly and regularly can make your breath smell because plaque and bacteria accumulate on and between your teeth. Food that’s not removed by flossing stays between your teeth, causing your breath to smell unpleasant.
What illness makes you smell bad?
Skin conditions Gangrene, which is dying tissue, has one of the most offensive odors and smells like rotting meat.” Internal health issues may result in unpleasant body odors (BO), as well, such as liver and kidney disease and hyperthyroidism, which can lead to excessive sweat and increased BO.
What does smelly urine mean female?
Some foods and medications, such as asparagus or certain vitamins, can cause a noticeable urine odor, even in low concentrations. Sometimes, unusual urine odor indicates a medical condition or disease, such as: Cystitis ( bladder inflammation ) Dehydration.
What does a UTI smell like?
Urinary tract infection (UTI) A bladder infection or other infection impacting the urinary tract can lead to urine that smells like ammonia. Other symptoms associated with a UTI include: pain when urinating.
How do I get rid of smelly urine?
Ways to Reduce Urine Odor
- Drink Enough Fluids. Many people are worried about drinking fluids because they fear it will increase their chances of leakage.
- Get an Exam. Get an examination to check for infection in your bladder or urinary tract.
- Switch it Up.
- Drink Cranberry Juice.
- Take Deodorizing Tablets.