- 1 How much headroom does a horse need in a trailer?
- 2 What is the best living quarters horse trailer?
- 3 What are the best quality horse trailers?
- 4 How tall of a trailer do I need for a 17 hand horse?
- 5 Are sooner horse trailers good?
- 6 Who makes Exiss horse trailers?
- 7 How long can a horse be in a horse trailer?
- 8 What is Warmblood height trailer?
- 9 Do horse trailers have to stop at weigh stations?
- 10 How good are Lakota horse trailers?
- 11 What is the lightest 2 horse trailer?
- 12 What are the top 10 horse trailers?
- 13 What happened to brenderup horse trailers?
- 14 What should I look for when buying a horse box?
How much headroom does a horse need in a trailer?
The draft horse usually needs at least eight feet of clearance from floor to ceiling and a stall length of ten feet or more; this usually means a straight-haul trailer designed with open headroom in front of each stall.
What is the best living quarters horse trailer?
6 Best Horse Trailers with Living Quarters
- Cimarron Norstar 4-Horse Trailer. Cimarron Norstar Horse Trailer – Image courtesy of Cimarron Trailers.
- Equine Motorcoach Horse Trailer with Hay Pod.
- Platinum Coach Outlaw.
- Featherlite Country Estate Villa.
- Sundowner Special Edition Series.
- Trail Boss Custom Living Quarters.
What are the best quality horse trailers?
10 Best Horse Trailer Brands for Horse Owners
- Sundowner. Website: www.sundownertrailer.com.
- Featherlite. Website: www.fthr.com.
- 4 Star. Website: www.4startrailers.com.
- Trails West. Website: www.trailswesttrailers.com.
- CM. Website: www.cmtrailers.com.
- Exiss. Website: www.exiss.com.
- Titan. Website: www.titantrailer.com.
How tall of a trailer do I need for a 17 hand horse?
From 16-3 hands up to 17 hands, you should add another 2″ (7’8″) to the height, and 6″ to the length from butt to breast and 6″ to head area (11′ total stall), or just add 1′ to the head area depending on the “butt to breast” size of your horse.
Are sooner horse trailers good?
The older Sooners are great, well made trailers. We used to haul a mid 90’s Sooner 6H GN and it was well made and a great trailer for its time. I would stay away from any Sooners once they merged with Universal Trailer, I think that was around 2002.
Who makes Exiss horse trailers?
Exiss Trailers is excited to be partnered with Extreme Trail Horse Association as its official trailer. The Exiss, Featherlite and Sooner brands have been acquired from Universal Trailer Corporation (UTC) by a newly formed corporation, owned by Tim Masud and Howard Palmer.
How long can a horse be in a horse trailer?
Horses are fine for up to 9 hours in a trailer as long as they have food and water, and unloading during the trip just adds to your end time considerably. Rather, get to where you are going and let them –and you- have a long rest.
What is Warmblood height trailer?
The Warmblood model by Logan Coach is a 6’9” wide, 7’6” tall, straight load floor plan. The Warmblood is designed to offer bigger stalls, more features and a competitive price to those who need to accommodate larger horses.
Do horse trailers have to stop at weigh stations?
As a general rule, you should stop at weigh stations when pulling a horse trailer if the road signs or station personnel require you to do so. And CDLs are necessary if your horse trailer has a GVWR of more than 26,000 lbs or if you make a commercial profit from your horse trailer.
How good are Lakota horse trailers?
We like the Lakota, although it hasn’t seen many miles yet. They did a great job on the liviing quarters part of it. I find some very minor issues with finish such as unsanded metal edges in the horse area but nothing drastic. If you’re going with the 8′ wide trailer, you’ll probably love it.
What is the lightest 2 horse trailer?
Knowing that can help determine the weight range you should be looking at. The lightest trailers that I know of are Brenderups; IIRC they’re around 1800 lbs empty for the 2 horse model.
What are the top 10 horse trailers?
Top 10 Best Horse Trailer Brands Equine Enthusiasts Should Know
- #1: Sundowner Trailer Corporation.
- #2: Maverick Trailer.
- #3: Featherlite Trailer.
- #4: Exiss Trailer.
- #5: Trails West Trailer.
- #6: 4-Star Trailer.
- #7: Merhow.
- #8: Hawk Horse Trailer.
What happened to brenderup horse trailers?
Brenderup will no longer be doing business or building trailers, in the USA. Some current dealers MAY still be importing trailers into the USA, but they will be passing on the extra costs to the buyer.
What should I look for when buying a horse box?
What to Look for When Buying a Second-hand Horsebox
- Check the floor. The floor in the horse area is a good place to start.
- The ramp. Lifting the ramp is another thing to consider – the last thing you want is to be struggling with a heavy ramp.
- Look for leaks.
- Rust and corrosion.
- Horsebox mileage.
- Living area.